Kids first, for a change.
I'm running for School Board to put kids first, to make sure our students learn from the best teachers and to fight inequality in our schools.
Throughout my entire career, I have fought for our city’s schoolchildren. As a public school teacher in Watts, I taught English to some of our most under-served kids. As an education advocate, I fought for students to get the highest-quality teachers, regardless of seniority. And as a member of the School Board, I will continue this fight. I will:
· Ensure local control of schools so communities can make decisions that work for them.
· Bring much-needed accountability to the School Board with increased transparency and better communication.
· Cut bureaucratic red tape to help teachers and principals innovate and collaborate.
· Give parents options to choose the right school for their child.
· Recruit and support our teachers to ensure every child has an effective educator.